Beginner’s Archery Courses
Our upcoming courses are listed below. Be quick, they fill up fast!
Learn archery with Reading Archers
Our beginner’s course can accommodate up to 24 people (subject to restrictions – places will be allocated on a first come first served basis). The courses are held at Crosfields School, over four consecutive weeks.
Instruction is given by qualified coaches and experienced archers, and all equipment is provided by the club.
The courses commence at 18:30 and continue until approximately 20:30. Courses will run even if it is raining, so please dress to suit the weather!!
You will be taught the safe use of the bow and the fundamentals of shooting technique in a very sociable atmosphere. Light refreshments will be available during a short rest period.
The courses for 2022 are now finished. Dates for 2023 courses will be announced in early 2023.
- Course 1: Wednesdays: May the 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th – TBC
- Course 2: Wednesdays: June the 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th – TBC
The course will cost £65 per person (non-refundable).
If you simply wish to get some information about our courses, please e-mail us at email@example.com
Please note: Archer’s minimum age is 14 (Parental/Guardian presence is required at all times for 14-18 year olds).
What to bring
We recommend bringing the following to your beginner’s course:
- Please let us know in advance if you have any medical conditions, accessibility requirements or other accommodations we need to be aware of.
- A coat or waterproof jacket and/or waterproof trousers- the courses will run outside come rain or shine so please be prepared for inclement weather.
- A water bottle. Light refreshments may be provided, but we’d suggest bringing your own water bottle.
- Long hair should be tied back and loose clothing or jewellery secured before shooting.
- Please wear sturdy closed-toe shoes, such as trainers or boots. We do not allow shooting in flip-flops, sandals and high heels.
- All equipment will be provided including your bow, arrows and arm guard.
The following are requirements for successfully completing the course and being eligible to become a member:
- Attending the 1st session of the course
- 6 hours of minimum attendance – 3 sessions
- Minimum age for anyone attending is 14 years old and, for any attendee under 18 years old, a parent or guardian must be present at all times in the immediate vicinity of the shooting range.
- This criteria also applies even after the attendee joins the club.
Please follow the following link for the latest codes of conduct for young and adult archers…